Saturday, September 16, 2006

Performance Trip To Taiwan - Prelude

It has been 2 days since I returned from my performance in Taiwan, and am finally able to sit down and post entries about what happened during my 5 days of absence; I was actually down with flu since Wednesday, and had yet to recover fully.

For those who still did not know, my opera troupe was invited to perform in this 2006 Taiwanese Opera Art Festival, alongside Tang Meiyun Opera Troupe from Taiwan and Xiamen Municipality Opera Troupe from Xiamen. Yjid festival was to be held in Taipei from 8th to 17th of September, and the show which we brought over was "Courtesan Yu Tang Chun". It was staged on 12 September, and prior to that, we had a cultural interaction programme with an opera institute from Ilan on 10 September as well. My flight was scheduled to depart from Singapore on 9 September, and back on 14 September, though some of my other troupe members actually left earlier and/ or returned later than me. Even though I was away for 5 days, it doesn't mean that I would have ample time to relax. Read on more and you will know!

1 comment:

A.C. said...

We managed to put up the show successfully. But I'm not sure about the audience's response to it. Will have to hear from juan after she returns. Art is back already, anyway.