Saturday, November 29, 2008

Over The Top Makeup Box

It's the end of the school term and finally I can have my long deserved break. Although it's just one month, it is better than having none! I'm looking forward to it, as I can finally indulge myself in some Chinese opera, for I had totally no time to perform or even rehearse, and therefore a lot of performing opportunies had to be sacrificed for school.

Anyway, I've talked quite a fair bit about my Chinese opera craze before in my blog, but have never discussed any other related issues, so now I shall share with everyone my makeup box!

If you think this is a plumber or mechanic's tool box, then you're wrong...

It's my makeup box!

I have 2 pairs of eyelashes in my makeup box; the left pair is for younger roles while the right is for more matured/ older roles.

8 different shades of eye shadow! To be honest I seldom have the chance to use ALL, but one never know when the chance will arise to use them...

4 different shades of lipstick too! But I do use ALL of them, but of course not ALL at the same time, the most I'd do is to blend 2 tones to achieve the desired colour to suit a particular character.

Bottom compartment of the box: it's a mess and I don't know how to clean up!

Different kinds of brushes and eyeliners

I know some people might find my makeup box a bit over the top, considering the fact that I'm just an amatuer Chinese opera performer (to put it bluntly, a hobbyist), but then again this is an investment which I think one have to make if he really has got the passion in it.

4 comments:

amai said...

Well, I think your makeup box is pretty decent enough. They have not seen mine...hahaha...

A.C. said...

Yours is over-exaggerating... nobody I know carries a suitcase as a makeup "box"... heh... XD

But then again I'm thinking of downsizing my makeup box, because it's simply too hard for me to carry in my motorbike... then some people even suggested I bring my own shoes to performance venues as well! What the heck!

amai said...

Suitcase also containing other stuff....like, wigs, hairpieces, opera inner wear etc..Everything dumped in one suitcase. N the next time there is performance, i just thug the suitcase along. ;P

amai said...

Well, about bringing own shoes... Unless you are there before the performance to put it into the KH box then you are offload to take your own shoes.
I don't know...I remember they told us to bring back our wigs...but still there are some wigs belonging to others in KH. Perhaps they are the regulars so they are allowed to put in KH??? I am not sure about this...anyway...there are just some out there having better privileges ...cuz they do more work than others??? I am not sure about this too...but again...some policies are ambiguous.