Friday, April 02, 2010

Greek Easter

Yesterady morning my programme coordinator came into class with a tray of red eggs and I wondered who in our faculty was celebrating a new born baby's first month. Later on then I realised that the eggs was not celebrating that, but Easter - the Greek way (my programme coordinator is a native Greek by the way). Talk about cross culture similarities! Well this is the first time I ever came across a Greek Easter egg, and my programme coordinator took the trouble to explain all the festive practices that are related to their version of the Easter Egg, including the greeting words one has to say while giving or receiving the eggs, but I just couldn't register in my mind because, no pun intended, they're just too Greek to me! Anyway, here's the photograph I've taken of that egg, and wish all Christian readers out there Happy Easter!

No comments: