Saturday, February 26, 2005

Tiger Airways - Double Boo!

My parents wanted to fly to Hat Yai and got me to find some cheap tickets for them. As Thai Airways no longer fly direct to Hat Yai, it seemed to me that the only available choice was to find my own tickets on the Net, and Tiger Airways seemed to fit my requirements. So there I was entering all the neccesary data, and at the end of it, I found something amiss; How come the system only asked for the details of the person making reservations and the first passenger? What about the second passenger? And before I knew it, the reservation and payment for the tickets are complete, but the iternery had me as the first passenger and my dad as the second passenger! I tried their "modify booking" link on their website, and I can make changes to all data except the passenger's name, how useful! And their hotline is equally "helpful". The lady over the phone simply asked me to email to their reservations department as they only do phone booking and nothing else. What's best is that she gave me an invalid email address! Now that's great isn't it, there's no number I could call, there's no email address which I could send to, only one pathetic looking message form on their website which only god knows where the message will be delivered to, or worse, anybody actually reading and acting on the message. So all I can do now is keeping my finger crossed, hoping that they actually read the message and act on it, but for now, Tiger Airways - Double Boo for me! Hello and goodbye to you!

No comments: