Sunday, March 26, 2006

End of Performance Season 1 For 2006

It is the end of the first performance season for our troupe of this year. This season is a relatively short one, as we only have 4 performances so far, 2 during the first weekends of this month, and another two for yesterday and tonight (The one in Klang on 1st January is not counted as it was considered a brought over of last year's performance).

Tonight, we performed "Bloodshed in the Imperial Palace" at Tampines East Community Club, and I think this show made our performance season end with a crash. This show was very messy, as there are many costume changes for the ensemble roles, and the time allocated for it was simply not enough. I was one of the minor roles in the show, and I forgot to recite a dialogue of mine offstage as I was busy changing my costumes.

Other than being an actor, I was also tasked to be the scenographer for this show. I had actually designed and made quite a few hanging props, but due to time and handling constraints, the changing of props could not be rehearsed before the show, and it was halfway through the performance that I realised that I do not have enough manpower to help me raise the props in the final scene of the show. I had to quickly delegate it out to someone else while I go and get ready to go up the stage. In the end , that prop could not be raised on time, and it was simply unsightly.

I was very moody after the show, as I think that in personal terms, I have failed terribly in this show. I hope I won't have to act this show again, so as to spare me for the agony!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, i thk the asisgnment allocated crashed la.. dun be moody la, i will speak up for u k!! xj

Anonymous said...

honestly i like the props.. next time we must have technical rehersal lor..xj

Anonymous said...

and oh ya.. dun be sad.. cos u did a excellent job yday!!!!!! i heard many gd comments abt u n mx yday!!! i thk 3jiafu can be KH de classic show! xj

Kongming said...

i think u did a good job...

A.C. said...

Technical rehearsal? Provided the leader wants! She always think that it's useless. What to do? I've actually planned to test out the props on Tuesday, but she insisted I do it only on Sunday afternoon. And then she don't give me time allowance and manpower. And then there's only 10 minutes of break for yesterday's show, and for the whole 10 minutes I was all alone at the side stage trying to sort out that bulky prop! I can't imagine how we'll "die" in Chong Pang when we have 5 hanging props instead of 2!

Anonymous said...

KM - u got watched 3jia fu on sat meh? xj

amai said...

Er... there is still one more to go at CP. This time round , you gonna act KZ. So please hang on and dun quit.

A.C. said...

It'll be good if I can act KZ, at least I can control my props better. But there's nothing official about me taking on this role in the next round. And if I were to take back the same roles now, the problem will still be there!

Anonymous said...

tat was the plan. xj

Miko said...

ooooh, AC do KZ! Then I will go see the CP show~

A.C. said...

CP show I'll be more stressed, as I don't know if there'll be people to help me hang props or not!

But luckily down there we can't play with the lightings, so we will have to close the curtain after every scene for sure!

amai said...

AC: You have been officially appointed to be KZ in CP Show.
Please c email issued by our leader.

Anonymous said...

AC - actually out of our recent 4 shows, u were lead in three. .. luck very good liao... Since 2nd half last year, my chances kept dropping.... thk i better blog "end of perf season" too and see if luck will get better.. hahhah...xj

A.C. said...

Sorry to say, out of the 3 shows that I lead in, ALL are the same show ok! Now that's the difference!

Kongming said...

tat difference is material... got the experience is difference.

A.C. said...

Gaining experience is one thing, but one would rather take on many different shows than to just stick to one show for good. But anyway, that's not the main point. The main point is, I don't care what roles I get. I just want my props to run smoothly, even if it means withdraw me completely from the show.

Anonymous said...

AC.. wow, u sounded angry? xj

amai said...

Yes, he is angry.
He was so fed up with the last scene when the props corked up.