Saturday, April 22, 2006

My PDL for Motorcycle Lesson

I am very happy today, as I've finally passed my lesson 5 for my class 2B (motorcycle) lesson, and had got a PDL (probation driving license). That means, I can finally ride on public roads (under supervision, of course.

Today's test was my second attempt. I took my first test last Wednesday, which caused me 2 immediate failures and 14 demerit points. And I was confident that I would pass! For today, my confidence level was much lower, as just yesterday night, I had a hard time during revision. Not only did I failed many time to complete my narrow plank course without rolling off the plank, I was stuck at the figure-of-eight course, as I just could not get my bike to get to second gear on many occasions. Today's test was not any better. I could complete all my courses without much problems, but I felt that I did not do a good job while transiting from station to station. At points I was totally confused as to where I should position my bike, and at times I rode as if roding a bumpy bulldozer. I thought my test today would be a gone-case! However, I was glad that I managed to get just 10 demerit points for this test.

I couldn't help but be reminded of the days when I was taking my driving tests. I was full of confidence too on my first and second attempts, but was smacked with so many demerit points that it was simply impossible for me to pass. On my third attempt, I was totally demoralised. When the tester asked me how I felt about my own performance, I thought I was destined to fail, but he said that he had only deducted 2 points in total! Does that mean that one's confidence level is inversely proportional to his chance of passing? I really wonder!

My lessons so far had been rather successful, and hopefully my remaining lessons would be this smooth too, so that I can hit my target of getting my riding license by the end of July!

5 comments:

Kongming said...

well done! Congrates...

amai said...

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!
Keep it up!!!!!!!! ^^
Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

woww.. ride bike... very cool xiah.

u must have worked very hard... kekek, zai jie zai li!

Anonymous said...

It is pretty risky riding a bike in Singapore...Pls be very careful on the road...
fan

fr said...

Have confidence in yourself, your will 'hit your target'.

Wish you safe and happy riding on the road.