Saturday, October 07, 2006

Revenge Of The Haze

I had almost recovered completely from my flu, when I suddenly started coughing badly again last night at work. It was so bad that a colleague asked me if I had still not recovered. I thought I had taken some food or drinks earlier on which had aggrevated my cough, but it was only when I finished work that I realised that it was the haze that had caused my cough to worsen.

Actually, I'm not someone who falls sick easily. In fact, for the past 12 months, I had not taken any medical leave, or seen any doctors for any illness (before my Taiwan trip), whereas the rest of my ex-colleagues in my previous companies had paid visits to clinics for at least twice for common illnesses. However, I had two weak points. First, if I fell ill from flu, it usually took me over a month to get totally cured (without medication), and second, I'm very sensitive to haze. I was so sensitive to haze that my body starts to give way even before I can even smell the smoke. Either I can cough for no reason, or I get diarrhoea.

The haze this time was very bad, as the PSI level rose to about 140 today, the highest for the past few years. Hence, I decided to wear a mask to work, so that I can minimise the smoke intake during my travel to work by motorbike. It does feel uncomfortable wearing the mask, but I think I should take some protection against the haze. Afterall, I'm still an unconfirmed crew in my company, and I don't wish to fall sick again just because of the haze and get no medical claims. Well, hopefully the haze would go away soon. It's such a pain and agony to me as it had upset my lifestyle quite a little!

1 comment:

juanjuan said...

haze indeed bad.. but taking 1 mth to recover flu seems bad.. got to up your body hor.... cos coming mths are hectic and leader is worry abt ur lead emperor role lor...