Saturday, June 02, 2007

Tsunami In My Room

Lately I have been dropping more hair than usual. Partly because of my recent rebonding, and partly because I'm pulling out hair as my room was messy as if it has just been hit by Tsunami.

Why is my room in such a mess? Why, my father suddenly had the idea of changing the "geomancy" of my room, and everything in my room, with the exception of some wall shelves, were shifted around. Some of my CD cabinets and shelves had to go in the process, and hence by the time my father had finished with his work, I was left behind to clear up the mess my father left behind, particularly my CD collection, which I can conservatively say, is more than a thousand pieces. It'd still be relatively easy for me to pack if my collection of CDs don't span into multiple genres, but unfortunately that's not the case. I listened to a very wide range of music, from Thai pop to Chinese folk to Spanish Bolero, and organising them is simply agonising, especially so when they're now thrown all over the place.

Halfway through "damage control" after "wreakage" of my room

But then, I guess this is a good time to do stock-take. While packing up, I realised that there're some CDs which I have almost forgotten I used to owe them. I've also found some duplicate CDs, to which I don't quite recall why on earth did I buy 2 same albums for!

Two same albums: Z Chen's "May I Love You". Why on earth did I buy 2?!

Now my room's almost 80% cleared, and it has taken me over a week to just do so. Well, at least my room looked much neater now. Previously due to lack of storage space for my CDs, many of them were stacked above my speakers, which were at risk of toppling over whenever I try to take an album in the middle of the stack (imagine the game Jenga). But that's still not the end of the whole story. In the next few years, we'll be shifting out, and the same process is going to happen again!

I have 11 sets of Wuxi opera VCDs in my collection...
... But wait! There's still 7 more which had just arrived!
Can I safely (and proudly) say that I have the largest collection of Wuxi opera VCDs in Singapore?

An entire shelf dedicated to Taiwanese Gezi and Minnan Xiangju opera alone.
(My mum said it looks like those herbal shelves found in traditional Chinese medical halls!)

No comments: