Friday, February 01, 2008

White Hat Parade @ Lasalle

Today we had a White Hat Parade around the whole campus, as part of our final assessment for our White Hat/ Wearable Head Structure/ White Head Structure project. Well, almost the whole of the campus; some groups had to climb up to the second level and up, whereas for our group, we only went around the first level, as well as a portion of the basement. It was really fun seeing everyone (almost) in all sorts of hats, though I feel that some are too costume party-like and not quite according to the learning outcome of our project.

On a side note, tomorrow and Sunday is the "see day" for our institute (open house, that is), and 3 of my works (1 Chinese ink portrait, 1 bamboo-charcoal drawing and my White Hat) have been selected for exhibition. However, my last check at the exhibiting venue showed that my bamboo-charcoal drawing had been taken down. I wasn't told why was that so, but I believed my drawing could not fit into the overall composition of the displaying area. Anyway I still have 2 other works there, and I just hope that they won't be removed again at the last minute (since I don't think they're really very outstanding, in my own point of view)!



My classmates in parade


People from other classes

Some of the White Hats chosen for exhibition by my lecturer's classes; the one which looked like a toppled Esplanade roof belongs to me (I don't have any pictures of me wearing the hat. Whoever has taken photographs of me in the White Hat please email to me!)

Another view of my White Hat; my worksmanship wasn't really good, and I'm surprised that it actually got selected for exhibition


Other "prized" White Hats

That's a self-portrait of me in Chinese ink, done by observing myself from a mirror; strange that it doesn't look like me, but another course mate whom I do not know!

No comments: