Tuesday, August 04, 2009

End/Start of Performance Season

Amai was last saying that it was the end of her performance season for now. Well, before mine could start, I'd terminated it already.

You see, although my opera troupe is going Taiwan at the end of the month to perform and I was assigned to take on a rather big role in the production, I've decided to give it up due to my very tight schedule. The lighting and scenic design job for this production is killing me, and on top of that I'm about to start on the rehearsal for "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown", in which I'd be the assistant SM. Feeling that I would not have time to even attend rehearsals for this Taiwan performance for just once a week, I decided that I shouldn't take on the role.

If you asked if I'm disappointed not being able to perform in Taiwan, I'd say it's a "yes" and "no". Of course, it's a pity that I can't take part in a major, overseas performance. But then again, thinking that I'd be designing for a production that is to be staged out of my homeland when I'm still relatively green in the industry is nevertheless exciting.

But there's something else that's making me excited; it's my involvement in "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown"! Although I'm not going to perform in it, but then again I loved this musical (I've not watched it before, but I've heard the songs over and over again many times) and it came as a surprise to me that our Musical Theatre Level 3 students are going to stage this next month.

Excitement aside for now, it's time to get back to the stressful design work for the Taiwan performance!

No comments: