Tuesday, May 02, 2006

First Ride On Public Road

I was very excited as I was waiting for my riding lesson to commence, as today is the day I can finally ride out of the driving centre. Not that I've never navigate on the road before, but the feeling of driving a car out and riding a motorcycle out onto public road are two different feelings.

Lucky for me, it was already 9pm, and the big trucks, which are a common sight around that area during the day, were out of sight. That would mean clearer traffic and safer roads for us trainees. Everything seemed easy for me on the road, since I myself already hold a class 3 license, and has been driving for the past few years. However, I did not manage to pass this lesson, as I had just too many points deducted along the way. I guess it's my bad road habits which had accumulated over time that affected my performance!

While flipping through my coursebook, I realised that I am already at lesson 6, and I had 3 more lessons (including this one) to clear. Does that mean I can accomplish my goal of getting a riding license by July? It's hard to say for now. From what my instructor told me, the rules and regulations for riding tests are getting stricter by the day, as the number of road accidents involving motorcycles increased dramatically. "Everytime an accident occur on the road, the number of people passing their riding lesson the next day will drop!", so he said. Then I better pray for all motorcyclist to ride safely, and all big vehicle drivers to give way to the motorcyclists everyday!

My next riding lesson is on Friday. Hopefully I'll be able to remember all the mistakes I've made today and improve, so as to clear my lessons as soon as possible and be a proud class 2B license holder!

No comments: