Monday, July 10, 2006

Change of Hairstyle

It has been over a decade since I enjoy visit hair salons, because I dread looking at myself in the mirror with a horrible haircut. Last Saturday, however, I was excited about visiting one, reason being I was about to have a change of hairstyle.

Just a few days earlier, I went to have a haircut at the same salon, and the hairdresser asked me if I had considered doing a perm on my hair as well for a change. That came as a coincidence as I have been thinking of doing so of late too. I had wavy hair, which can be abit hard to manage when it gets a bit too long. I could have cut my hair short, but that's not what I like to do, for firstly I don't like short hairstyles, and secondly I'll look even much younger than my actual age. (Already there're people who thought I looked like an early-twenties) That left me with no other alternatives, and hence the thought of perming my hair came to my mind.

To cut the story short, the style I was introduced to is called "twist perm". I know nothing about such styles, so I asked my hairdresser for a sample picture which I can relate to, but they do not have. He then pointed out to another hairdresser in the salon and said that he was spotting that kind of perm. I thought it looked cool, so I felt much at ease with the perm. What the hairstylist did was to twist my hair into spikes, wrapped them up in aluminium foil and then pour perming gel into them to set them into shape. It was a very long and process which took over 2 hours, and the initial stage of hair-twisting was a bit uncomfortable; sometimes I was worried that the hairdresser would pull out my hair instead of setting them in place!

After a long, long wait, the perm was finally done and I was excited at how my hair would look like. The results wasn't quite like what I had expected, and I thought my hair looked more like pork floss! It looked nothing like the other hairdresser in the shop, but I thought it still looked acceptable. Perhaps when my hair starts to grow a bit longer, it would look nicer.

That evening, when I arrived at Konghuay, my hairstyle became a centre of attraction instantly. Some commented that they didn't know I was so "in", whereas some said that my hair looked too dry and frizzy. To be honest, I don't even know if my hair is damaged or not; I don't even know if this is the characteristic of this style of perm. But anyway, I can only live with it for the time being, till my hair either becomes longer, and then I'll decide whether I'll keep the hairstyle or to snip them all away. But now I have another thing to crack my head about: how am I going to style my hair so that I do not raise eyebrows in office!

1 comment:

juanjuan said...

ya lor.. when we 1st saw ur hair that day.. we were like "wowow!!" - cos u look very cool - like a xiao shuai ge lor, hahaha ~

May be u shd keep this hair for ur zhao wang? hahah ~