Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I'm Leaving!

“Do you have the intention to resign?” my boss asked me out of the blue during our morning meeting today. I was emotionless on the surface, but I was grinning widely inside me.

I don’t like my job, and had actually thought of resigning since May. However, due to various reasons, I had not expressed my intentions to my boss at all. My colleagues, however, knew that I wanted to leave. Not that I’m wishy-washy, but there were a lot of things for me to clear, and I did not want my boss to think that I’m trying to flee in time of trouble. Now that my boss had actually asked me first, it was a big relief for me.

Actually the decision to leave the company was not an easy one. If my company and management were as bad as my previous one, I could have just thrown in the resignation letter without much consideration. However, the company has been very kind and lenient to me, my boss and my colleagues had helped me greatly. It’s just that I’m not cut to be an engineer, and as a matter of fact, I could be sacked long ago if I am in another similar company now. Anyway after the meeting, my boss still took us out for lunch, a thing he always does if he comes to office and to work through the afternoon. We still talked like per normal (less worked up with me now, in fact), and he even asked why did I join and left my previous companies, and what plans do I have after leaving.

The only thing now, is when I will be able to leave officially. It could be by the end of this week, end of next week, or end of the month. But anyway I’ve given him the promise that I’ll settle all my outstanding things nicely, so that I can leave with a clear conscience and my colleagues coping well without me around.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, thought you had left long ago. Still working in the same old company? Wow, your new hairstyle looks cool. So have you gotten some time to watch teochew opera at Kreta Ayer. Today is their 4th day.

A.C. said...

Thomas you never reply my email, I don't know when you want to go and watch!

A.C. said...

Anyway, we are performing this Saturday at Chong Pang CC (finally!) Must come support me okay? HEe....

Anonymous said...

Pai say, my fault. Just discovered I forgot to reply. Then, saw your comments. Already sent you a reply. Please open your yahoo account and revert asap. Tks

Anonymous said...

Aiyah, reply was sent by me. Forgot to print my name.

juanjuan said...

oh.... then u started looking for job le ma?