Monday, November 27, 2006

Hectic Sunday: Potato Live In Concert

After our performance at Chong Pang Community Club, I quickly removed my makeup and made a dash to Golden Mile Complex to catch my favourite Thai rock band, Potato in concert. Luckily, I arrived there at 10 minutes past 11, which means I only missed out 10 minutes or so of the show.

As the concert was held in a discoteque, there was a cover charge of $25 per person. It was sort of expensive for me, since I can't consume the beer that comes with the cover charge as I was riding a motorbike, and secondly I won't be staying throughout the entire concert as I wasn't feeling really well, and that I still had to work the following day. Nevertheless, I still paid for the admission, since it won't be easy to catch Potato in Singapore!

The discoteque was already packed with lots of people, just like what a friend of mine had fore-warned me. I managed to find a good spot quite near to the stage, but then the distance was still too far for me to actually video-record clearly the band performing on stage. Potato is a really good band, and they managed to make the people on the dance floor high. The group of people behind me enjoyed the music so much that they were jumping up and down while singing loudly to the songs. I guess Pup, the lead singer, noticed them too, as he kept pointing towards my direction from time to time during the songs. I wanted to be as crazy as them, but I can't, as I had completely lost my voice due to my flu, and that I don't really know the lyrics to all their songs and hence am not able to sing along.


Potato singing รักแท้ ดูแลไม่ได้ (Ruk Tae Doo Lae Mai Dai)


Potato singing ไม่ให้เธอไป (Mai Hai Ter Pai)+ กล้าพอไหม (Glaa Por Mai) medley

I was enjoying myself, but alas, it was soon midnight and I had to leave unwillingly. The news of this concert came to me out of a sudden, and hence I wasn't able to plan in advance. If I had known of this concert long ago, I could have requested off day for the following day as well to "recuperate" my health. Hopefully I can catch Potato again live, and it was indeed a unforgetable experience attending their concert!


Original MV for ไม่ให้เธอไป (Mai Hai Ter Pai)


Original MV for กล้าพอไหม (Glaa Por Mai)


Original MV for รักแท้ ดูแลไม่ได้ (Ruk Tae Doo Lae Mai Dai)

10 comments:

A.C. said...

First, I had to apologise for the bad sound of my video recordings. The sound system at Thai Disco was fantastic, not a single bit like these! heh.. Imagine I even had to listen hard to these clips a few times to know what song are they singing!

juanjuan said...

ehhh, dont understand leh.. since u stayed up if 230pm to blog, how come u dont stay til concert finished and blog another day?

A.C. said...

Because I feel very sick , so can't stay in that environment for long.. I'm going to the doctors now..

Anonymous said...

Yup I think, haha. I don't know much about Nuch though, so I'm not sure. You can go to www.po-ta-to.com for more info, but they haven't been updating lately so yeah :/
I had a mental torture last night man >< I live like SUPER near Golden Mile Complex. So it felt like they were so near yet so far. Blah. Nevermind.. They wouldn't let me in anyway because I'm underage. Pfft.

Anonymous said...

from your blog. i could tell i was standing in close proximity with you. i was nearly knocked down by those jumping fans. hahaha

A.C. said...

to anonymous: same as me.. everytime they land they kept bumping into me.. haha... anyway, though I don't know who you are, but welcome to my blog! =P

Anonymous said...

Hey by the way do you have the full collection of their albums so far?

A.C. said...

anonymous: How do you define "full"? If you mean only the CD album featuring them solely, yes. If you include other compilation CDs and/ or karaoke VCDs, concert VCDs etc, then no. BTW, are you "Underage" from Paknam web forums? Don't think so right?

Anonymous said...

Er no. I don't go to Paknam web forums. Where is that anyway? Hahah. I mean as in all their CDs so far. I only have "Go...On" and "Life" albums ):

A.C. said...

Paknam web's forums is at http://www.thailandqa.com

Anyway, Ithink "Go...On" is still their best album, though "Life" is not bad either. "Potato" sounded very after-school rock, but can't help helped since the members were still in their mid to late teens then, still very young.. heh...