Friday, November 17, 2006

Potato Is Coming To Singapore!

Lately, I have been seeing posters of Thai pop group Potato being pasted in parts of Golden Mile Complex, the place where I work. However, a few days, I noticed that the posters had been amended to include some text. Upon reading, I realised that they are coming to Singapore soon to perform!

I got to know of this fantastic group in 2003 when I was browsing through some CDs in a music shop in Bangkok. I came across their album "Go... On", and it was available for preview listening. I found the tracks in the album very nice, and instantly bought it, although I had no idea what they were singing. Anyway, this five-man band album was one that had many ups and downs in their music career as they have experienced two changes of members over 5 years. The first change took place somewhere before their release of their second album (which was in fact "Go... On"), when their lead singer Pee passed away in a freak accident, and another member Nuch (guitarist) left the band to concentrate on her studies. Pup, the other lead singer at that time, became the main lead singer while two new members, Win and Ome, were recruited into the band subsequently to replace the two empty slots in the band. However, by their third album "Life", which was released in 2005, another pioneer member, Note, left the band as well. Now, Potato was reduced from a quintet to a quartet. Hopefully the one another pioneer member Bom won't be the next to go, neither do I want to see any change of blood again!

Back to Potato's performance in Singapore, they are scheduled to perform on 26th November at Thai Disco in Golden Mile Complex at 11pm. I was very excited, as I finally had the chance to meet them in person. But the only problem was that I had a performance on that night, and even if I rush down to Golden Mile Complex straight after my show, the place would be too packed by the time I arrive. I'm still considering if I should go attend this concert, as if I don't go, I don't know when will they be coming to Singapore again, and it's not quite possible for me to fly all the way to Thailand just to catch them in concert!

5 comments:

juanjuan said...

but how to attend the concert? we got show on that day ...

Anonymous said...

That was why I said maybe rush down after our show lor. Anyway, the concert starts at 11pm, not 8pm. Not sure if I'll miss out alot or not..

A.C.

Anonymous said...

I'm a Singaporean fan of Potato too!
Gahh too bad I'm not allowed to go ):
Hmmm enjoy the concert.
The Potato rocks!

A.C. said...

To anonymous: aw.... that's a pity! Anyway I didn't enjoy fully at the concert too, because I was down with bad flu, so I only stayed for about an hour. But they truly rocks!

A.C. said...

Anonymous: Is my informal write-up on the band's history correct? Correct me if any of the details were wrong!