Saturday, January 08, 2005

I love MadTV!

I've just finished watching all 4 discs of MadTV season 1 DVD which I bought from amazon.com a few weeks ago and now suffering from "post-MAdTV" blues. I haven't seen comedy shows of such kind for a long time and now the voices and images of Debra Wilson, Phil PaMarr and Nicole Sullivan are still lingering in my head. For a start, MadTV is a series of late night comedy programme on the Fox Broadcasting network. It is loud, it is funny and at times stupid. In all, it is one kind of comedy show which one can never find in Singapore, or even make it into the living rooms of Singaporean households. I first got to know of this programme after I got hold of Mo Collin's parody rendition of Shakira's "Wherever, Whenever" MTV video clip. It was so funny that I just couldn't stop laughing for a long time. I had never seen such crazy acting before, and that made me curious about what MadTV's all about, and soon I was downloading more and more clips from this show, mostly from later seasons. I do hope that MadTV will release all their later seasons real soon, as it is a torment to just wait. Season 1 was first airred 10 years ago and they just released it for sale months back! I just can't wait to see my favourite Mo Collins in action, as well as Debra Wilson's impersonation of Whitney Houston. They're just wacky!

No comments: