Friday, January 07, 2005

SUBWAY giving me headaches!

This evening I happened to walked past a Subway restaurant and decided to had my dinner there. The last time I patronised Subway, which happened to be my first too, was like three years back in Darwin, Northern Australia while on official duties. I can't remember what I ordered back then, but I remembered I had to make a choice as to what sort of bread I want for my sandwich. This time round I had more decisions to make: what kind of salad to put, what kind of salad dressing to add and what snack to go with the meal. I was totally stunned as all these questions are alien to me. I'm not really well-versed with the American food culture and how the earth would I know what goes well with what and what's not! All I wanted was a simple dinner but turned out to be a headache for me. I told the counter staff to put just anything he has, and I think you could have guessed it: my sandwich tasted weird!

No comments: