Sunday, August 14, 2005

End of Performance Season -- For Me

Today is the last Chinese opera performance I have for the time being till the end of the year. My friends in the troupe and I decided that after this show it's time for us to take a break and upgrade ourselves before our next chance to perform.

Looking back, this year is a rather uneventful year for me as I do not have much performing opportunities. Originally I was given 3 shows which I was supposed to play lead, but 1 was postponed indefinitely due to bad weather and the other 2 substituted by other shows on grounds that the organising committee could not provide enough microphones and that the show was too long. Sometimes I felt demoralised about my situation, as after being an active member for 7 years I still do not have the chance to take on more heavier roles. But there was little I could do for now, other to upgrade myself to prepare myself for next year, hopefully I can have better roles...

1 comment:

amai said...

http://amaiopera.blogspot.com/
My new english blog...hehehehehe