Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Project Superstar Finalist Lookalike -- Me? Bleah!

I received an SMS from a friend of mine, telling me that one of the semi-finalists looked like me. He even added that both he and I looked almost 90% alike, not in terms of looks but also the way we behave as well. In short, very "me"! I was surprised, so I quickly switched over to channel U to take a look for myself. I stared and stared, but none of the contestants looked like me at all. The closest match was Jason Tan, but I think we were only about 55% - 60% similar. I was rather amused by my friend's comment that I actually looked like him. "Yeah, if I look like him, then I can be a superstar also!" I replied.

Actually this isn't the first time I was compared to Jason Tan. About a month ago, someone from a local web portal dropped me a message saying that he'll always support me and wish me good luck in the contest. I was bewildered, but brushed it aside thinking that it could be just someone who had bad eyesight. And just last week, a colleague of mine asked me if Jason is in any way related to me, but I did not think much about it as I could not recall any faces which resembled me.

So for the whole of night, I was searching for information about Jason Tan and Project Superstar on the internet, but the more I look at him, I less resemblance I find between us, neither in terms of looks, behaviour or character. It was quite funny to think of how other people can find us similar when I looked even plainer than plain water and he’s obvious much better looking than me. But on the whole, I am relieved that I do not resemble him much, as I hate to live in the shadow of other people. I am still me, uniquely me in the entire universe!

3 comments:

Miko said...

hee hee.. i didnt realise you look like Jason Tan! Anyway i think the two of you dont really look alike. Alot of people also say i look like Amai..... hohoho..

A.C. said...

I don't think I look like him either! But you and Amai really had a bit of resemblance. Hee...

Anonymous said...

Hey..stumbled upon ur site..anyway..u DO look like him..i thot he was ur bro ha..