Tuesday, October 04, 2005

One Day In Pontian

I had to go to Pontian today for work, and hence left office at 2pm to head for the causeway. I could not find out much about the journey to Pontian on the Internet, but based on the relative position of Pontian in most maps I've found, I assumed it to be rather near to Johor Bahru. But I was wrong. When I hopped onto a taxi and told the driver my destination, he replied me that the journey would take an hour! It was already 3pm then, and I wasn't sure if I would have enough time to finish my work. But I thought I might as well go, since I was already there!

I finally reached my destination at almost 4pm. I was hoping that everything would go smoothly so that I could finish my work within an hour and be able to reach home by 7pm. However, luck was not on my side. Something cropped up during the servicing and I had to do alot of troubleshooting. By 7pm I was totally worn out as I've done all I could but still could not solve the problem. I decided to just leave it as it is and come back again another day.

On my taxi ride back to Johor Bahru, what greeted me was section after section of dimly lit road, with occasional fruit stalls and small restaurants by the side. You can never find such sights in Singapore! The closest you can ever get is the sesonal pasar malams that are held all over Singapore, but they're all getting more and more dull as everything sold is so common and standardised. I was rather tempted to patronise them and have a feel of dining in these place, but I couldn't do so as it was already quite late. Somtimes I really wonder how these people make a living by setting up businesses by a small road, since these shops and stalls are usually in isolated clusters, with very few houses in the vicinity!

I finally reached the Johor Bahru customs at around 8pm. I was hungry, but being too tired to walk over to the City Square, I decided to just grab a Ramly burger just beside the taxi alighting point. I've long heard about this burger, but had never seen or tasted one before. It was a decent-looking burger. Though not very big, but it was rather tasty. At least I find it worth the 2RM which I've paid for; cheap and good!

It was a tiring day for me. I finally reached home at around 9.30pm, as I decided to take a bus back home instead of changing to MRT at Kranji MRT station. The journey was longer, but at least I could have more rest on the bus, and I did not have to go through the hassle of switching trains and buses as frequently. Hope my next trip to Pontian will not be as tedious as today!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow your work seems to need a lot of traveling...like that u gt time for kh meh??? i think oct may really be the end of our performance season ... hahah, we can then LC for the nxt three mth before re appearing in feb 05..kekke..

A.C. said...

haha... 退出艺坛 and then later 复出艺坛 is it? Haha... Why if I have to work, then I can only say "sorry" to kh. With my current financial condition, work comes first!

Anonymous said...

oh... :(

But may be u can consider distributing xx skin care pdts n supplements.. there's potential market in kh leh....

Anonymous said...

XXX skincare.....getting on my nerves already. Everywhere I go, XXX are everywhere and when u need them, you can't even get them at times. Bleah......

Anonymous said...

opps... better dun say that..... else this may be treated as "justification for MORE" hor!!!! hahahah..... ^^

Anonymous said...

More???? More XXX? (Faint)
Now BD becomes a non surprise already cuz u know wat u gonna get. (LOL)

A.C. said...

Hmm... not really la.. u noe what kind of product you are getting, but don't know exactly which product.. haha...

Anonymous said...

well well, to provide excellent services to customers, who knows they may let BD customers select the products themselves?? haha, wat wld u all pick then???

A.C. said...

I don't know, I know little about the product range anyway!