Sunday, October 09, 2005

Performance in JB (Part II)

I woke up at around 7.30am, but decided to toss around in bed as I was just too tired to get up. However I had to drag my body out of the bed at around 8am when someone rang the doorbell. It was Liping, another troupe member, who dropped by to return Teck Seng's towel. I went to brush my teeth and took a shower, and Teck Seng woke up shortly after. I waited for him to freshen up while I read the free newspaper delivered by the hotel staff.

We went for breakfast at this restaurant in the hotel, and was suprised that it was very packed. I've never seen so many people having breakfast in hotel restaurant before! We found an empty table just next to the window and we quickly sat down. The view outside the window is the sea and Senoko power station is just directly opposite. It looked much better than yesterday, probably due to the dark gloomy sky, hiding some ugly spots behind the shadows. Anyway, the food was just average, as the variety is limied. Teck Seng did not eat much as he was used to having Chinese-style breakfast like porridge and you tiao. After breakfast we decided to go window shopping for a while, but none of the shops were open yet. In the end we headed back to our hotel room and watch TV instead.

We checked out at 12 noon, and the transportation was scheduled to pick us up at 2.30pm. I actually wanted to leave straight after check-out, but nobody was keen in leaving early. Hence I stayed behind and followed my other troupe members for a short shopping-cum-lunch session.

The transportation arrived at 2pm sharp, and the person-in-charge came to bid us goodbye. It was really nice of him to run all over the place trying to take care of all our needs and we were really grateful to him. Though this trip was only a short 30-hour stay, it was really a memorable one, at least for me since it is my first time performing abroad. Selamat Jalan, Johor Bahru, for now!

No comments: