Thursday, October 13, 2005

Sudden Trip To Cambodia

Yesterday afternoon, my boss gave me a shock by telling me that I'll have to fly to Cambodia today for work. Although he had already hinted that I might have to go within these 2 days, it still came as a surprise. Afterall, I wasn't quite prepared as many things have yet to be sorted out for the Cambodia side.

After the call, my colleagues have to rush to get all my travel itenaries ready: air tickets, visa enquiries, hotel accomodations and other miscelleneous issues. One of my colleague had worked in Cambodia before, and told me lots of things, mostly negative, about Cambodia. Things like do not walk on the streets for fear of stepping onto landmines, how violent that country was and things like that. That really freaked me out, but I reserve my doubts. I don't think Cambodia would be that bad, or else why would so many Singaporeans flock to Combodia and set up businesses there?

Now I am at Changi Airport terminal 2, waiting for boarding. I hope Cambodia will not disappoint me, although I'm not quite a fussy traveller. And I hope my work in Cambodia will be a smooth one as well. I don't want to come back to Cambodia again to solve the same problems that I am supposed to work on today!

No comments: