Sunday, November 06, 2005

Moving On: Opera Troupe's Website

Today I finally started work of my opera troupe's website, a project which was shelved off since May. Being busy was part of my reasons for the delay, but the main issue was that at many point of time, I was so frustrated at the job that I decided to just stop working on it.

Our website, which existed since the late 90s, was first created by Amai, but soon was passed over to me for updating and revamping. I enjoy working on the website, but as time goes by, I realised that it was hard to manage so much contents all by myself. To make things worse, my original concept of the new website was later found to be not so structurally good. Hence I had to redo the interface and reorganise the contents. Till now I had already done 3 revamps, including the one I'm working on at the moment.

I don't know when the new website will be fully functional (it has not been fully functional since the day I started the revamp!). I can only do whatever I could do for now, and see how things turn out. Hopefully I would be able to finish it by the end of the year, which is when our next performance is scheduled.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh u reminded me that its time for me to continue taking pictures of our sheng costumes n recently purchased costumes... took mths ago.. n ever since stopped there... oki i shall resume shortly.... xj

Anonymous said...

oh u must be very busy so long no new entries?? xj