Wednesday, September 26, 2007

My 3D Models

I'm very relieved. Yesterday was the review session for my 3D lesson in school, and we were supposed to bring all our 3D works to school for our lecturer to review. Although I have yet to finish everything, I was one of the few in class to have almost all completed. Plus, next week is the project week, and with the progress of my works, I am very confident that I will not lag behind after the break. Jiayou!

My four basic geometric shapes, cube, pyramid, cylinder and cone, ready to be fragmentised and reconstructed into 8 models

"Flying Bird": inspired by the bronze sculpture of a yellow crane at Parkview Square

"The Warrior": a minimalist (sort of) interpretation of Henri Moore's "Warrior with Shield"

"The Entertainer": no explanation needed; a clownish character

"Dragon Dance": no explanation needed too

"Tornado": inspired by tornado off a sea surface; it may look a bit like "Dragon Dance", but this has got sharper angles, representing destructive forces of the tornado (and choppy sea)

"Head of a Man": I don't know how I got to this; perhaps I was thinking of Picasso's Cubism at that point of time?

"Upright Kangaroo": alright, the tail looked more like a squirrel!

"Dancing Man"; actually I thought it looked more like a Mexican musician with those big traditional hat, was playing rqandomly sticking pieces together and got this

Last but not least, my one-fifth completed wire model of my head! Well, it looked a bit too small...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWSOME 3D MODELS!!! >w<
PS.i'm from Lasalle too..in foundation...i just saw ur blog today and i'm wondering that r u thai or not 'couse some pic got thai words in it and i'm thai ^^
u might wonder who am i.
this is my blog: http://undeathbear.exteen.com

Take care ^^

A.C. said...

สวัสดีครับและขอบคุณทีให้กำลังใจนะ 55555....
Did I have any pic with Thai words? I can't remember.. are you referring to my profile picture? Actually I'm Singapore, a ลูกจีน in your country's words, just that I quite like culture, especially Thai pop and traditional cultures, and that I have 2 friends from Thailand. I have seen you before quite a number of times!

Anonymous said...

lol >W< 555
thank u for the comment ^^
ohh i though u r thai though! >W<
ur thai is really good >W<
yup >W<
some thai pop song r really nice! >W< <3 LOVE
have u ever listen to Scrubb ^^ i love their new album! >W< if u want to listen to it i can give it to u at school next next week after the one week project week ^^
ah awsome! =w= i can only find 2 thai ppl in our school though one in foundation and one in level 1 TT3TT
Do u know any of thai ppl in foundation? >W<

PS. คุณชื่ออะไรเหรอค่ะ? ^^
เราชื่อ พราว (Proud) ^^
ยินดีที่ได้รู้จักค่ะ

A.C. said...

Scrubb? Never heard of this band.. my favourite bands are Potato and AB Normal. Used to like Lift Oil, when I was much younger.. haha... (now okay la, still listen to them, but not very crazy over them). For solo singers I like Ice, Ann and Christina Aguilar.

My Thai's not really good na. When I read those entries in your blog, it actually took me quite long to understand.. 555...

I don't know any Thai ppl in foundation other than you, but I know there're some, as I've heard people speaking Thai (could that be you?!).. I think one easy way to find out, is to go early for CCS lecture, then scan through the attendance list for all the classes for Thai names.. hee...

ผมชื่อแอรอน อยู่ชั้น K
แด่บางคนเรียกชาย ไม่เพราะว่าผมเป็นผู้ชาย
แดเพราะว่าผมนาจีนมี"ชาย" 555...
"เรา"?? ทำไมบอก"เรา"เหรอ?

ยินดีที่ได้รู้จักด้วยครับ