Tuesday, September 11, 2007

First Project Submission

Yesterday morning, after a few consecutive days of hard work, I finally completed my project for IT (Photoshop). My work was in a form of a booklet, a thin book, actually, and with a CD containing my PSD files inside. I had originally planned to finish everything by Saturday night so that I could start on my other assignments like 3D on Sunday, but I'd overestimated myself, and therefore the project completion date dragged on for another day. I was quite satisfied with my final work, though I personally felt more could be done to improve it.

The theme of the project was on nature, and we were supposed to do 4 artworks based on this theme: 1 on greyscale, 1 on monochrome, 1 on full colour and 1 on abstraction. My first 3 artworks weren't that great, as I got to know after seeing how some of my other classmates did their interpretation, but many did not do a good presentation as well. Not that my presentation was fantastic, but having a friend who was a Lasalle student, I roughly know what kind of output the institute requires for our projects, and therefore made a more presentable submission, and my tutor Nadia seemed rather pleased with it.

However, having said so, I'm not going to stop at just that; the deadline yesterday was just an "estimated assessment", and the "real" one is actually at the end of the academic year. That means I still have time to work on this project before the "final deadline", and I think I have to work real hard to produce better artworks to score higher marks. But for now, it's time to tackle other projects that are silently piling up behind me!

No comments: