Monday, September 17, 2007

One-Two-Go Incident

Yesterday it was announced over TV that a One-Two-Go plane from Thailand had crashed in Phuket International Airport. It had just arrived from Bangkok and was landing when the tragedy happened. I was shocked to hear the news, because I've flown twice in that carrier (once from Phuket to Bangkok and then back a few days later, during Songkran festival earlier this year). No doubt the planes were rather old, as I knew from my friend Oh, and that the service on board is just average, but I'm still rather satisfied with this budget domestic carrier. Then this afternoon, I got more shock: the crashed plane was one of the two planes I had taken before! Suddenly I began to think what would happen if the tragedy had occured back then and not now; maybe I won't be here updating my blog anymore. However, I think this would not stop me from flying with this carrier again in future, as I believe this is just an unfortunate isolated accident. It has made me treasure life more though, for you can never know what may just happen next that might just change your life drastically...

No comments: