Sunday, August 26, 2007

Tiring Drawing

I could never imagine drawing can be that tiring, at least when painting is not part of the requirement. Now I know it can!



Look at the above two pictures. Do you think they are drawn by primary school kids? Actually they were drawn by me! All these are part of my homework whereby I have to do blind contour drawing (that is, drawing without lifting the pencil off the paper or looking at what I had drawn). Sounds silly? Well that's a common technique used to train one to eye to hand co-ordination as well as to force oneself to draw what he/ she really see and not what he/ she assume to have seen. The pictures on the left are real blind contour drawings, while those to their right, well I don't know what to call them, are drawing using the same technique but looking at paper is allowed.

I've only finished 4 pictures, and there are still 4 more to go. That is excluding another 8 more for another drawing module which I had to do the same thing! I don't think I can carry on drawing, at least not before afternoon as my right wrist is sore now; this is much more tiring than acting "The Teacher, The Thief" (三家福) or "Matchmake in the Cabinet" (柜中缘) combined!

No comments: