Saturday, August 18, 2007

First Lesson @ Lasalle

I had my first lesson at Lasalle finally yesterday morning (Friday). The only lesson for the day was 2D project, which involves 2D drawing and related assignments. What we were told to do today was to reinterprete our own photograph into an artwork of A5 size by using dots, ink strokes, straight lines or continuous lines etc. Below here are what I had drawn in class:

My self portrait and subject for my 2D project; a colleague of mine actually couldn't recognise this is me, and even thought this was taken in my teenage years!


Artwork done using different strengths of ink strokes; a lecturer from my faculty commented it looked nice, but I thought it looked too flat and uninteresting. Bleah!


Artwork done using cross-hatching patterns; this is something I'm more familiar as I'd drawn my "Mona Lisa Goes China" using such techniques


Artwork done with random dots; this is something relatively new but I got the hang of it pretty fast

They may not look that fantastic, but I think it still looked pretty decent, at least much better than when I paint! However, doing all these was not an easy task for me even though I had been drawing quite a fair bit since young, so much so that I got a bit dizzy after lesson ended. But it was still an interesting module for me.

5 comments:

amai said...

Wow! Interesting!

Anonymous said...

yeah.. wow... u can draw ! xj

A.C. said...

Hee... in case if you're wondering, the first picture is NOT drawn by me hor! It's just a photograph of me blown up into A5 and decolourised. Anyway I think I have a slight advantage at drawing portrait because after being in an opera troupe for 9 years and doing makeup for myself all these while, I had relatively less problem drawing the eyes and eyebrows.. hahaha... =D

Miko said...

hahaha.. I love dotting.. I used to love doing dotting drawings then linear ones.. Linear one is very hard leh. Almost failed that assignment.

A.C. said...

yup i love pointilism too, because i'm less likely to go wrong... hahaha