Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Received My Timetable - Finally!

I've finally downloaded my timetable from Lasalle's student portal this evening, after a long agonising wait.

Lasalle has actually sent me a letter previously telling me my timetable would be available for download from Monday, but it was still offline when I checked yesterday evening. I was getting restless, not because I'm anxious to start school (actually I do!), but I need to know how my school schedule is like in order for me to start looking for part-time job. Luckily, the timetable was finally up this evening at around 9pm. My ex-supervisor was particularly interested in my schedule, and after taking a look at it, she excited told me on which day I can come back and work at the counter and for which shift. I haven't even said I want to come back as a part-time staff! But then again, I can understand her situation, for it's always better to get someone who is more or less familiar with how the business is run than to hire a freshie whose potential and ability to stay for long is a question mark. However, I'll have to see how things go first before I can really commit anything. For one thing, even though I can still earn a salary that is not lower than the minimum acceptable wage range if I work according to the duration my ex-supervisor had recommended, I'm still trying to see if I can find a job with a higher paying rate. Also, this timetable is still subjected to change, and if my timetable don't quite go well with my ex-supervisor's shift recommendation, I might get myself into financial difficulties.

Hence for now, all I can do is to wait and see. But one thing for sure, once my term starts, I'll be able to spend slightly more time in my opera, even though I'd most likely be busier than the bee!

4 comments:

Miko said...

Like I said, working and studying is very very tedious. You might not have time for opera at all.

Somemore this kind of visual comm courses are very time consuming and money consuming. All the money I spent on presentation, I can't imagine how much it was. Also, all my weekends were burnt doing projects and assignments. Stress.

A.C. said...

That's why I say "slightly" lor... although my current work is not very taxing as compared to what I'll be getting when school term starts, but I have NO time for opera since I work from afternoon way till midnight. But since I don't have to study on Saturdays, I can still squeeze a bit of time on Saturday evenings for rehearsals, which is better than none, I supposed.

Kongming said...

tat's gd... i dont even know when my class starting...

Anonymous said...

Yes Yes, u better start appearing more lor. wmy and sh was "on leave" hence it is understood that they didnt come for quite a while. but u not on leave also MIA as long as them lor... this sunday practise 5D full show if can pls come lor. Sat is xiang qin - 21st birthday.. u coming to makan ma? xj