Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Singtel's Blunder

I love collecting things with Thai words and captions, for I'm trying to learn the Thai language in whatever means I can find. Of course, I will only keep those which are small or compact enough to keep, like flyers and paper wrappers of tin cans.

My workplace is some sort of a "HQ" for Singtel, for every sunday they'll have a roadshow inside the complex itself, and there'll also be promoters giving out flyers promoting their services. I love to go up to these promoters to get a copy of the flyers, for every now and then, Singtel would have new designs for their flyers, even though the contents are more or less the same. However, for the latest edition, I realised a very big mistake in the wording:


Under the t-shirt, it bored the word "กระเป๋า" (Gra-pao), and under the backpack, it was captioned "เสื้อยืด"( Seua-Yeud). This is very very wrong, because "Gra-pao" means "bag" while "Seua-Yeud" means "t-shirt"! I wonder how come the relevant department in charged of the Thai translation can miss out on such a big blunder; if it was a spelling mistake, it may still be forgiven as being overlooked, but mixing up the translated words simply seemed a bit too much, I feel!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

opps..u got feedback to them ma?xj

A.C. said...

Nope I didn't, but anyway, I think they changed the design again already, so I supposed no need to tell them already lor