Tuesday, April 26, 2005

The "Death" of TV Talents In Singapore

Recently in conjunction with the NKF charity shows, there was this commercial running on TV. In this commercial, a customer in a restaurant was having his meal when he was interrupted by the conversation of 2 groups of people whom had won some prizes after SMSing to some numbers. I wonderhow the producers of this commercial got these "talents" from, because except for the customer, none of the other supporting cast can act! For instance, there's this guy who exclaimed that he had won $2888 worth of cash with his girlfriend's eyes wide with excitement. To me it seemed that they had never won anything in their life before because they were simply too fake. "Wow! I've won myself $2888 cash!" "Oh yeah! You must be either lying under your nose or your prize is only $2.80!", I thought. It was so unreal! And the next pair were even more fake. "Wow! I won myself a limited set of Farrari laptop!". "Yah you don't seemed too interested. Give it to me then!". For goodness sake, can someone find better talents than these? If we are going to keep recycling these bunch of bad actors, soon the TV talent pool in Singapore will just die a natural death.

No comments: