Thursday, April 28, 2005

Kah Mee Optical Co

It was nice of my father to drive me to work as I forogt my wallet once again and had to get a taxi to work. On the journey, our motercycle went passed Tiong Bahru and I noticed this Kah Mee optical shop. I've been to Tiong Bahru for many times, but I never really notice this shop before and today it was the first time I knew where the actual location and how it looks like. Kah Mee optical shop is a popular optical shop in Singapore. However it was neither a big megastore nor a branded name by itself. In fact it is just a small neighbourhood shop in a old housing estate. But what makes Kah Mee popular was their TV commercial. "Is your vision blur and unclear? Tiong Bahru's Kah Mee Optical Co. is your only solution!" This slogan, together with the nolstalgic and oriental-sounding jingle, has never changed all these years, since the first time I saw their commercial when I was young. They have become such a familiar thing that once the music came up everybody knew what commercial it was. Even now, the music of their jingle is still ringing in my head...

No comments: