Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Disgusting Bus Trip

It was raining cats and dogs during the evening peak hours, and as usual, roads were packed with vehicles and buses were packed with passengers. I boarded a bus at Bugis Junction and found myself a comfortable place to stand.

After a few bus stops, passengers from the rear started to alight and I had to move in to allow more passengers to board. And there in front of me was this big size guy sitting there listening to his earphone. He was in his twenties, maybe a few years younger than me. He did not caught my attention initially, but later I noticed that he kept scratching his head. But that is not all; after scratching his head, he'll examine his fingernails, smell them, and then put his fingers in his mouth! And the process went on and on throughout the journey. I felt totally disgusted, and if I had a frying pan with me then, I would sure knock him out cold! What was he thinking? He thought his head is a beehive and his scalp is oozing out honey? Or a chimpanzee looking for some tasty headlice? I can't imagine how can one do such a gross act while ignoring how other people may think and feel!

Thank god my ordeal only lasted for about 20 minutes before I reached my home and got off the bus.

No comments: