Monday, February 27, 2006

Incident At Long John Silver's

For those who had dined in Long John Silver's before will be very familiar with the "good service bell" next to their exit. Diners are often encouraged to sound it when they feel that they have been offered good service. However, I think that they should install a "bad service drum" or something in equivalent for dissatisfied customers as well

Last Friday, I was having my lunch in one of their outlets when all of a sudden, one of their service crew came up to me quietly and tap afew times on the table. I didn't know what he wanted, but my instincts told me that he wanted to collect back the tray, and hence I lifted up my elbows from the tray. I was right; he took the tray and left quietly. Moments later, I saw this man repeating the same actions to teenager who was sitting a few tables away. That teenager's mind did not react as fast, and he was staring blanking at that man. I couldn't tell if that man had spoken a single word at all or not, but I saw him pointing at the tray. The teenager finally understood his intention and gave up his tray, apparently feeling bewildered by this whole incident

I really wonder what kind of service attitude is this, especially in a popular fast food restaurant like this. Even those elderly cleaners at foodcourts would ask for permission politely before clearning my trays! I was a bit unhappy with this incident, but I wasn't about to go make a fuss out of it just because of one rude service crew as I feel that the overall service of the restaurant is still quite good. I just hope that I will not bump into service personnel with such poor working attitude in future!

1 comment:

Kongming said...

i had smiliar incident at Bugis Village Long John also. The first thing that comes into my mind is: "This restaurant is too poor to buy trays or wat?"

If its those small kopitiam, i understand lah. cos they are small mah. (Big Kopitiam r those chains shops)

But LJS is a big restaurant lor. and they want to collect trays from me when i juz starting my food. Laughable... Cant try juz buy some trays and expenses it off... Trays not expensive wah...