Monday, February 26, 2007

Buying Burmese CDs

Lately out of boredom, I searched the net for some Burmese pop music, and chanced upon this singer called Sai Sai Kham Hlaing. He's a 28 years old hip-hop singer who had been in the music scene for about 7 years , and although I'm not quite a fan of hip-hop music, I still find his music nice, just that I don't understand what he's singing. Therefore on Saturday evening, on my way to work at "Little Thailand", I decided to make a detour to "Little Myanmar" to go look for his CDs. This shall be my second time buying Hip-hop music CDs in my entire life! (Eminem's the first, while Jay Chou is not considered real hip-hop).

Unlike Golden Mile Complex where there are at least a few shops selling Thai CDs, there isn't any in Peninsula Plaza. But there are some sundry shops which carries Burmese CDs. I entered one of these shops and spotted Sai Sai's album "Sai Sai Hu Khaw", which was released in 2005. This is the album which got me interested is his music, so I bought it instantly. Before I bought, I actually asked the shopowner if the CD was an orignal, and to which she replied "Yes".

I hopped into another shop and saw another older album and MV DVD of Sai Sai, and I bought them too. Well, I think I was too rash into getting them, as I realised that these CDs are not original, and there're visible marks of DIY on the album jackets and CD labels! So the moral of the story: do not buy CDs from Golden Mile Complex (Thai), Peninsula Plaza (Myanmar) and Lucky Plaza (Tagalog), unless you're only looking for mp3 CDs which you do not intend to keep once you copied them into your mp3 player or computer. These CDs may not be expensive, but it's not worth the money, as you could jolly well get original copies of the same album at a slightly higher price off the net! Well, on a sidenote, at least now I can enjoy Sai Sai's songs at CD quality, instead of downloading poor quality mp3 from various websites. But I'll still buy the original CDs soon if I have the means to do so!

To wrap up this post, let me showcase some of his MVs here:





PS: In case any of you people out there wonder, Sai Sai's not going to replace Potato or Fahrenheit as the most iconic pop stars in my heart; he's just another new addition to the list that's all! Speaking of Fahrenheit, their pictorial book is still out of stock! God who can help me get one copy?!

1 comment:

amai said...

Fahrenheit is now very popular and their things run out fast. U can try the singapore auction. I saw some auctioning the pictorial books.