Sunday, February 18, 2007

Finally Arrived: "It Started With A Kiss" DVD Set

I finally received my "It Started With A Kiss" DVD set from Taiwan a few days ago. I was very excited about it, because I liked this show after watching it off Youtube. My initial liking for the show was because of Jiro's involvment, but after finishing the show, I found it to be rather nice. The female lead, Ariel Lin, by far is the first cutie pie Taiwanese actress whom I actually liked (Ella aside, that is), all thanks to this show.

This DVD set was not cheap at all, together with the postage, it cost me slightly above S$100. I can't seemed to find any cheaper alternatives, unless I get the China-produced version, or second-hand copies. However, I do have much confidence in China-produced DVDs, except for those for Chinese opera shows. I had bought pop concert DVDs produced in China, and the quality were simply lousy. As for second-hand copies, many sellers are not willing to ship overseas, so it's not an option for me as well. No doubt the high price is a pinch for me, but then, being a person who's very into anything aesthetically nice, the packaging of the DVD set still won my heart.

Having said so, I'm not about to start collecting Taiwanese idol drama DVD sets; my cupboard specially reserved for my CDs, VCDs and DVDs is already full, and overflowed to my TV shelf. If I were to start collecting, I guess I would need to allocate a room for all these stuffs instead! Or maybe in future I'd really need one, if possible, since I just can't stop buying Chinese opera VCDs!

No comments: