Saturday, February 03, 2007

Another Completed Piece of Work!

I'm so happy today, but it has got nothing to do with Fahrenheit nor Jiro nor Hana Kimi. It has got to do with my troupe's "Tragedy Of The Song Palace" performance in 2004; I've finally finished my DVD authoring work for the show, and made into a 2-disc DVD set complete with jewel case design and disc labels!

This is perhaps the work which took me the longest time to edit, all thanks to the video quality of the original footages, which were not up to my expectation. The lighting conditions captured on the mini DV tapes were simply too dark, and I tried to do some adjustments on the lighting in my video editing software. I've spent many months working on it, but gave up finally. Afterall, it's useless adjusting as my computer monitor wasn't calibrated, and whatever I do will not appear the same when played back on my DVD player. Then there was also the problem of too frequent angle switches in the original video footage. I don't know what was the rationale for the videographers for the show to keep switching from one angle to another within seconds in a show; for goodness sake this is not a MV filming! The angle switching was so frequent that it was simply an eyesore, and I had to substitute some scenes from video footages captured by our own crew. All these, together with the subtitling work, took me close to 2 years to complete, alongside other work committments and problems.

I can't wait to show my "masterpiece" to my fellow troupe mates later when I go for rehearsals; I haven't even told them about my completed work too! Although this piece of work took me too long a time to complete, it was nevertheless one of my most satisfied one. Whether the troupe decides to release the DVD officially or not is longer my main concern. The job satisfaction gained from completing this piece of work is good enough for me!

3 comments:

juanjuan said...

Yes Yes Yes Yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The dvd is Soooooooooo nice Soooooo nice! I can see that many are impressed... Even Leader is super impressed that she asked you to calculate the unit cost and help make some for our own keeping!

Very very well done _ Thank you vvvvv much!!!

When i saw it just now, i was also v happy..cos it was really very nicely done - looks so pro! But when i watched the content, i kinda sad lor.. cos i sang badly and i didnt acted well. My happiness turned into regrets all of a sudden.

Something must be wrong with me. On one hand, I felt that i have flopped badly in opera due to heavy office work. But sometimes i felt that i could have done by job better and get better promotion had i spent less time in opera.

Why life like that la... xj

Anonymous said...

Well done! That shows what passion, dedication and determination can achieve.
(heehee...don't mind it sounds like remarks in a student's report book)

A.C. said...

I never see such words in my report book... all I get is "room for improvement".. hahahaha... XD