Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Of Friendster, Tagged, WAYN and such

Many people around me are crazed with friend-making services like Friendster, Tagged, WAYN (Where Are You Now) and many others. To me, I'm not against the usage of it. Who knows, you can really find some good friends with it. However, what irritates me is when you have buaya (someone who simply grabs anything within reach) people who just add anyone and everyone to their friends list without even knowing you, and not following up with this new friendship. What are they trying to do? Trying to create a false image of themselves being very popular? To boost their self-esteem? In the past I've been too naive into thinking that everyone who add me really wanted to befriend me. However, after years of using such services, I began to think elsewise. Hence, from now on, I'll not accept any friend-adding request, unless they are already my friend (have at least corresponded with me via email or private message for a while to begin with). For those already in my friends list but have not even corresponded with me for over half a year(without any reasons), sorry to say, out you go too! I do not need "spiritual" friends, that is friends who looks more like spirits lingering around the cyberspace (I am not Da Shu from Hana Kimi!), thank you very much!

2 comments:

Miko said...

please dun delete me hor...

A.C. said...

Oh I forgot to say, you guys (those whom I already know) are exceptional! I'm referring to those whom I don't know previously but added me into their friends' list. Those are the people that I want to get rid.. just imagine in MSN, over 50% of the contacts are people whom you don't even remember!