Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Tank

Tank, the stage name of talented singer-songwriter Lu Jianzhong, is from the same company as Fahrenheit and S.H.E. I have heard of his name quite some time ago, but it was only recently, due to Hana Kimi and Fahrenheit that I started noticing him, and I feel that his compositions and vocals are good. In Jiro's blog, he even mentioned that "though Tank has got a small built (he's still taller than me!), he's full of power once he stood on stage". I like Tank because unlike some other R&B-influenced singers, he doesn't deliberately put on those exaggerated dramatic accent in his singing. Thank God for that; we do not need roller-coaster divas (or male-divas) in Asia!

I was told he was of Taiwanese Aboriginal background, no wonder when I first saw him in his MV for "My Personal Angel" (專屬天使), I thought I saw a Malay guy singing Mandarin song! But nevertheless that song was still great. Anyway, this is another MV titled "When We Were Young"(我們小時後) which I think is nice too.

No comments: