Friday, January 26, 2007

Cai Luong version of "Butterfly Lovers"

I've bought this Cai Luong DVD "Luong Son Ba Chuc Anh Dai" (Butterfly Lovers) quite some time back together with some other titles from an Internet website. However, due to my busy schedule, I am only able to blog about it only today.

This version of Cai Luong was produced in 2001, starring Manh Quynh and Phi Nhung (once known as the "Golden Couple" in Vietnamese entertainment scene) as the lead roles. In terms of costumes, I think it was a big improvement from those produced in the 90s, as the clothes looked more stylish. Those produced years ago featured costumes which looked more like costumes borrowed from street opera troupes. However, the hairstyle of the male roles are still not very nice; many of them still spot those clip-on hair-pieces, which do not quite go well with the actors' real hair. As for the "golden couple"'s performance, although they looked compatible on screen, they are somehow lacking in their emotions, which I think is a pity.

Well, enough of my comments. Allow me to show you some of the clips extracted from the show!




















1 comment:

amai said...

Wahahahaha...the red and white "scholar" costumes remind me of AX LZ's costumes...