Saturday, January 27, 2007

Jiro & Me

Back on the topic of Jiro of Fahrenheit, I may be one of those who got to know this talented actor-cum-singer at a very late stage. It was only when the Hana Kimi craze was blowing very strong that I started to notice him, in his role as Jin Xiuyi.

Actually it wasn't solely because of his talent in singing and acting that made me take notice of him; it was his personality. As I started reading articles about him and visiting his personal blog, I found that there are several aspects of his character that is similar to mine.

Jiro, a.k.a. Da Dong, appeared to be a happy-go-lucky person on camera, but deep down inside, he's a rather emotional and sentimental person who would rather bottle up all his feelings than to share it with others. In his latest entry in his blog, he lamented about having too much regrets, and even though he didn't really write much, I could feel for him, because I'm not much different than him. I seldom show my sadness in front of my friends, so everyone assumed I'm a carefree person. Before I blogged about our "Romance of the Dragon Princess", nobody would have imagined that I had been hurt on several occasions during my past 8 years, chasing after my Chinese opera dreams; I've been hurt when my already very minor role has been revoked to help out at the backstage, I've been hurt when my juniors surpassed me in getting meatier roles even though I know well I'm not a lousy actor, I've been hurt when the shows I've been looking forward to excitedly were shelved indefinitely without any valid reasons. I also have my fair share of regrets; I had spent almost all my free time in Chinese opera, thus forfeiting my rights to upgrade myself or further my studies years ago, and now I can only settle for my current lowly-paid job. But, I never told anyone about all these, not neither create a fuss, for I know it wouldn't change the situation much, and I would never want to burden people with my personal problems.

Looking at Jiro's entry upsetted me, because it's almost like a mirror reflecting my true self. Of course, his circumstances is different from mine, but then it was his character of making others happy at the expense of his own self coincides with my character. I am not unhappy about my own situation, but I don't wish to see him suffering from similar fate. I hope he could buck up and be a happier person; whatever he does, he'll always have the support of his huge pool of fans and me!

Note: Picture extracted from Jiro's personal blog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well said...hey, why dont u leave this entry in Jiro de blog ~ to let him know ur thots abt him..?xj

A.C. said...

I did write to him la, but not so much. First, he doesn't know me, and second, 我是男生耶!, not sure if he'd feel weird if a guy were to write like that to him.. heh...

Anonymous said...

haha.. quote fr hana again!

u watched epi 11 le ma? i waited til 3am for youtube to upload... that girl who uploaded it was fast - but she commented that she was stressed - cos many were waiting at the PC for her upload yday.. very funny. xj