Thursday, July 19, 2007

Cantante Del Favorito: Carlos Ponce

Many years ago, there used to be a station residing on FM 99.5 Mhz band called "Passion". This station was a product of National Arts Council to promote arts and culture, and among the programmes for this station includes timeslots dedicated to world music, latin-pop and jazz. The period when "Passion" was still on-air can be considered one of the happiest moments of my life, as I can get the chance to listen to a wide range of music genres, and getting to know other good singers beyond Mandarin and English pop (and perhaps Japanese pop too). Carlos Ponce was one of them, and he was one of the first few singers whom I actually listened to and like his music.



Carlos Ponce was borned a Puerto Rican, but is now based in US. His self titled debut album in 1998 was in my CD collection, and sad to say that was the only album I had of him although I think he was really good. His albums were hard to find, and I'm not sure if the stocks were simply too limited, or that there were some legal issues which made his albums less readily available for purchase. But anyway, even with my low income now, I don't think I can even afford to buy his CDs, even if I could find one!

No comments: