Thursday, July 19, 2007

Cantante Del Favorito: Neri Per Caso

One last group I would like to introduce for the day is Neri Per Caso, an a capella sextet from Italy. Their self-titled debut album (released slightly over a decade ago, if I'm not mistaken) was an instant hit, partly due to the title song "Le Ragazze".



What's amazing about this sextet is that, from what I've read, they did not receive any official music training prior to their break into the commercial music scene, and yet they can sing and harmonise so well. Their subsequent albums were not bad either, but it seemed like none could match up to their debut album.

It has been quite a few years since I last had updates on them, since I'm now more crazy over Thai and regional pop. However, I'm still curious to know the status of the sextet now; they're still the best a capella group in my heart.

No comments: