Monday, July 02, 2007

Mona Lisa Goes To China

This afternoon, I started doing a black-and-white sketch titled "Mona Lisa Goes Places: China" and finally had it completed. The central figure of my art is the world-famous Mona Lisa, but with her features, clothings and backdrop changed to Chinese setting. This is the first time I've done black-and-white sketching since Primary two, and my first attempt at doing anything bigger than A4 (this portrait was in A3, anyway).



Now, perhaps this lady here don't really look like Mona Lisa, and my drawing technique may not be good too. However, I hope this piece of work is still an acceptable one in terms of technicality and aesthetics!

PS: Why am I drawing this all of a sudden? Well some of you guys whom I know might have a bit of clue. but I shall not disclose it for now, for fear some "undesirable" figures might surf my blog by chance and find out something. I shall only disclose when the time is right, maybe by the mid of this month!

No comments: