Tuesday, July 31, 2007

WOMAD Singapore's Here Again

I got this WOMAD Singapore 2007 brouchure at Lasalle's admin office, and I was surprised that this year's going to be the 10th year in which WOMAD is being held in Singapore. Ten years! I knew WOMAD is no longer new to Singapore and it's citizens, but then I didn't realise that it was that long already, and I'm ashamed to say that although I'm a world music lover, I had never attended any of WOMAD's performance before. Not even when I actually knew of its existence since the day I started listening to Passion 99.5FM.

So what the hell have I been doing? I couldn't quite remember, but I guess it's either I was too busy with many things (Chinese opera and work), or there was simply too many acts which I couldn't decide which day to go for (for those who are still clueless, WOMAD is not just a one-night festival, but a three-day event). However, I think this year round, I shall try an attempt to go, even if it's just one out of the three days. The only problem is whether or not my studies and part-time job (still finding) would get in the way. Well, I guess I'll just have to see how things turn out first and then make a decision. Hopefully I'll not miss it again this year!

No comments: