Friday, November 02, 2007

Review for 2D

Today I had my review for 2D subject in school, and I got a big, big relief. For the 3 components of the review, I got 2 As and 1 A+, something which I wasn't quite prepared to get. Now don't get me mistaken that I'm trying to boast, but I was just simply overjoyed. I think my course's pretty great, for I have improved quite a lot in terms of drawing and colour rendering. Remember I once said I couldn't paint to save myself? Thank goodness I've overcame that one big obstacle, although I'm still nowhere near good. What saved me though, was that I had done quite a bit of research and self trials on various techniques and principles in my journal; those were what pulled up my grades. However, my colour pencil rendering skill is still quite bad, and I'm lucky that colour pencil rendering is not part of 2D syllabus (or maybe not yet)! Then again, this is afterall just an indicative grade and not something final. I'll still have to keep up with my work and not slack, or else who knows I might just slide off the grading scale?
Remember my "Temle Scene in Thailand" artwork? My water colour rendering technique earlier this year was very patchy and uneven

This is one of my homework done a few weeks ago with acrylic; see the big difference in the evenness of the media?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

halo... now that u are more steady in ur school work -pls come for 5D practices lor.

Your wife changef to YA liao. cos xz needs to play drum. So u got to practise with her lor.... 22nd and 29th is the show. 1 Dec is full dress. But prior to that, shd at least come twice k! xj