Saturday, October 27, 2007

Irritating Colour Pencils

I used to think that colour pencils are my best friends in drawing, for I thought I could they were easier to handle than compared to brush and ink. Well, I was wrong. Not long ago after dabbling with acrylic, I felt that my acrylic painting skills isn't that bad as I initially thought (o should I say I'd improved), but my colour pencil rendering is still as horrible; no matter how I sharpen my pencils, or how much strength I exert onto the paper, the colour just won't fill up the holes in the paper smoothly. Therefore, the colour pencil has now overtaken brush and ink as my number 1 enemy in drawing!

My acrylic rendering done a few weeks ago


My colour pencil rendering (incomplete) done on Thursday of a portion of my school campus; the sky is getting dark (around 7pm), and I can't see clearly, hence got no choice but to stop


My 3 others classmates (from far to near: Michelle, Veronica & Stefie) were still happily colouring away; perhaps they can see in the dark?


This fellow here, Glenn, can draw until the ecllipse comes and not stop!

No comments: