Monday, October 08, 2007

Finale for Hikmah Season 2 - Finally!

Today was the finale of Hikmah season 2, a Indonesia-produced drama serial showing on Suria channel, and I was very excited. You must be wondering how come I'm interested in a Indonesian language serial like this, especially since I don't even understand Behasa Indonesia. Actually I don't know either, but I supposed it's the complicated plot and roller-coaster-like climax that appealed to me. The only thing which I don't exactly like, though, is that it's a bit too weepy; it doesn't look very "Hikmah" without at least 1 of the characters crying in every episode!

To be honest, though I am sort of a fan of this serial, I've watched less than 10% of the total number of episodes for both season 1 and 2. When I first started watching season 1 over Suria, it was already being broadcast halfway through, and not long after, my job in my previous company (permanent afternoon-night shift) forbid me to follow up with the show. ,It was only recently that I manage to carry on with it, but by then, season 2 was almost near to its end already, and I have missed out so many episodes that I almost couldn't catch up, like how come the mother of the leading male, who used to hate her daughter-in-law like poison in season 1 suddenly treasured her like the sun of her life by season 2. Of course, I managed to catch up a bit on what I've missed from the synopsis provided by Suria's website.
Now season 2 has finally come to an end, I'm now considering whether to get the VCDs to the show. I know season 1 is already out in the market, but not too sure about season 2. Anyway, there is a season 3 to the show as well, but I hope it will not be shown so soon; at least let me catch up with the past 120 episodes first before setting my eyes on season 3 and make me all the more confused!

No comments: