Saturday, October 13, 2007

Unintentional Blunder or Deliberate Marketing Tactic?

I was passing by Chinatown area when this advertisement caught my attention.

Being a rather visual person I am, this kind of advertisement usually won't appeal to me, especially when it's sandwiched between more aesthetically pleasing ads. However, this ad just stood out, because of the wording used: "Shou Gou Hao Huai Shou Ji" (Buying good and faulty mobile phones). I'm not too sure if the characters "Shou Ji" (mobile phone) was intentionally written wrongly into "手鸡" (hand chicken?), or was it an unintentional blunder. If it's the former, I guess the designer had succeeded in making people take notice of this otherwise plain and boring ad, but if it's the latter, I feel it's too big a blunder for a commercial advertisement! What do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it was intentionally - for fun.

Anonymous said...

yep.. i think so too.. xj