Saturday, October 06, 2007

A Clash of Styles!

I've finished making a poster for our opera troupe's year end performance titled "The Birthday Banquet". This is the first poster in the past few months, and I supposed I've been somehow influenced by my studies in Lasalle, as I've abandoned the "traditionalism" style I've employed previously in my poster work, and had used slightly more modern approach for the design, like the usage of pseudo-Chinese photo frames. Well, not totally very modern, for I'm not sure if the troupe or our audience will be able to take it or not. Anyway, after doing the poster, I realised something interesting: the dans are very Taiwanese in feel (using Taiwanese wigs and hair accessories), the shengs are very Yueju in style (Yueju-styled headgears and costumes), while I looked very Teochew!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

indeed! xj